- Collaboration & Conferencing
- Cloud Services
- Contact Solutions
- Internet of Things
How to buy vCloud Air infrastructure services
- Existing Telstra customers can access the Cloud Services Store using a Telstra username and password, then select ‘purchase’ to choose your preferred infrastructure service offering.
- This takes you to the configure page where you can select a core service and necessary add-ons. The total monthly fee (ex GST) will be displayed on the pricing panel. Select ‘checkout’
- Provide your details on the checkout page. At this stage, a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) is required. Acknowledge that you’ve read the terms and conditions and select ‘submit order’ to complete your purchase.
- Once registered, and you have been notified by VMware that your service is ready for use (this can take up to five days), you can:
- Connect a Telstra IP network service to your vCloud Air subscription
- Configure and order a new Core Service via the Cloud Services Store
- Order additional vCloud Air add-ons via the Cloud Services Portal
- Purchase Cloud Gateway and set up a Cloud Gateway connection to vCloud Air
To configure your Virtual Data Centre (VDC), go to the vCloud Air Web Console.
For more information, refer to the vCloud Air Support Center and the vCloud Air User’s Guide.
How to buy vCloud Air SPP credits
Please read our list of things you should know before buying SPP credits. To continue purchasing SPP credits, follow these steps:
- Before logging into the Cloud Services Store to buy your SPP credits, you’ll need a VMware Purchasing Programs (VPP) Membership Number.
If you don’t have a VPP Number, you’ll need to set one up in the My VMware portal. To do this follow the steps below:
a) Register on the VMware Purchasing Programs page. Click on ‘Enrol’ at the top of this page. Customers without a My VMware login should choose ‘Enrol New’. Existing My VMware Users need to log in to enrol in VMware Purchasing Programs.
b) Choose the option to enrol in VPP, EPP & SPP – you’ll receive a VPP Membership Number at the end of this enrolment process and via email. You’ll also be identified as an SPP Fund Owner.
If you have a VPP number but don’t know what it is you can email firstname.lastname@example.org you can use this current membership number to enrol as an SPP Fund Owner.
- Use the VMware SPP Configurator to estimate your demand for VMware subscription services. Each SPP eligible service has an AUD credit value. The SPP Configurator converts your estimated vCloud Air demand into a suggested number of credits.
- Existing Telstra customers can access the Cloud Services Store using a Telstra username and password. Select the ‘purchase’ button on the VMware vCloud Air service credits tile.
On the configure page, you can enter your VPP number and select the required quantity of SPP Credits. The total one-off fee (ex GST) will be displayed on the pricing panel.
Select ‘checkout’. Provide your details on the checkout page. At this stage, a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) is required. Acknowledge that you’ve read the terms and conditions and select ‘submit order’ to complete your purchase. You’ll receive an email from VMware when your credits are active (this can take up to three days).
- Once you have been notified that your SPP credit fund has been established, you can:
- Log in to My VMware – Explore the SPP pages on My VMware to view and manage purchased SPP Fund Balances
- Redeem Credits – On the SPP pages of My VMware, you may redeem SPP credits for a variety of different vCloud Air services, including add-ons
Buying additional SPP credits
You can increase your fund balance by purchasing additional credits in the Cloud Services Store. As long as the Fund Owner, VPP number, VMware entitlement account number* and transacting currency (only AUD available) are the same, additional SPP credit purchases will always increase an existing SPP Fund Balance. If any one of these criteria is different, the SPP credit order will result in the creation of a new Fund Balance.
* Telstra will provide the Entitlement Account number for existing Telstra vCloud Air customers. VMware will create a new Entitlement account number for new Telstra vCloud Air customers.
For more information, refer to SPP Credits Landing page and Knowledge Base articles; My Subscription Funds Dashboard and Managing VMware Subscription Purchasing Program (SPP) Users on the VMware website.